Flash BlueTV to TVPad5.66 firmware Rooted with RSS Player installed

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Does anyone have the tv version without ads?
    Do you know how to read? Look at post before yours.
    Yes I do know how to read and the post above mine is the version that needs a mouse. I know because I installed it and that's why I'm asking. Please don't be rude and make assumptions.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes I do know how to read and the post above mine is the version that needs a mouse. I know because I installed it and that's why I'm asking. Please don't be rude and make assumptions.
    You stated "no ads" you didn't say anything about mouse. Now, the way around that is to install adaway and all ads will be gone, this goes for almost all apps on your box, not just rssplayer. Again, if you had read the thread you would've known about it.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    You stated "no ads" you didn't say anything about mouse. Now, the way around that is to install adaway and all ads will be gone, this goes for almost all apps on your box, not just rssplayer. Again, if you had read the thread you would've known about it.
    Thanks for the input. I said the TV version. Another user was kind enough to provide the app with the ads removed without the additional install of an ad removal app. I was just asking if the tv version of this exist. I did read through the whole chain of events not just the latest post. I know the suggestions. So again please do not assume I did not read a thing and just asking people to hand me stuff. It's fine if it's not available. So let's move on.
  • @cheuk5 My TVPAD4 has been working fine with the Google Play at firmware v5.066

But from today suddenly it didnt work, maybe it is earlier but I get to use it today and it isn't working.

does yours still work? I am in the US.
    What that mean's not working? regular version Rss player Or the google version of Rss player?
    The Google Play store, it couldn't connect anymore.
    Used to be able to connect just fine and download some google app with v5.066 but not anymore.
    Actually, what are the conditions that would allow Google Play Store to work on TVPAD4?

I use Napper TV on TVPAD4, which is working. It wasn't working earlier when there is an update required, (it could not update it) but I use batch.banana and install the update to have it working again.

How do you resolve this issue? I Know my tvpad4/bluetv used to work with RSS player (android tv version) under firmware ver 5.066. I put them away and took them out yesterday and try to use it again, but after boot up, everything gone except google services, google play. I installed the RSS player (tv version) back, added the channel and it prompted me to update google services. I did, added my google account, but the google play store page just sitting there in white color and spnning, with nothing. I know the connection is there and works. I opened google services, with my account linked there, but no content under google store. I checked the box date/time, everything in sync. Any idea?
    Just want to reiterated, I reloaded this box with ver 5.066 just to make sure I got the google services before and I tested the RSS player and worked. I put the box away 3 months ago, and took it out yesterday and tried to use it, and now not working anymore. It seems like it can't connect to google play store to update the google services which required for RSS player
    Set the date and time correctly.
  • siuwaisiuwai Junior Member
    @cheuk5 My TVPAD4 has been working fine with the Google Play at firmware v5.066

But from today suddenly it didnt work, maybe it is earlier but I get to use it today and it isn't working.

What that mean's not working? regular version Rss player Or the google version of Rss player?
    Used to be able to connect just fine and download some google app with v5.066 but not anymore.
    Actually, what are the conditions that would allow Google Play Store to work on TVPAD4?

I use Napper TV on TVPAD4, which is working. It wasn't working earlier when there is an update required, (it could not update it) but I use batch.banana and install the update to have it working again.

How do you resolve this issue? I Know my tvpad4/bluetv used to work with RSS player (android tv version) under firmware ver 5.066. I put them away and took them out yesterday and try to use it again, but after boot up, everything gone except google services, google play. I installed the RSS player (tv version) back, added the channel and it prompted me to update google services. I did, added my google account, but the google play store page just sitting there in white color and spnning, with nothing. I know the connection is there and works. I opened google services, with my account linked there, but no content under google store. I checked the box date/time, everything in sync. Any idea?
    Just want to reiterated, I reloaded this box with ver 5.066 just to make sure I got the google services before and I tested the RSS player and worked. I put the box away 3 months ago, and took it out yesterday and tried to use it, and now not working anymore. It seems like it can't connect to google play store to update the google services which required for RSS player
    Set the date and time correctly.
    I did checked and they are both correctly set.
  • I just restored my tvpad4 v. 5.066 yesterday, it takes a while to login the Google account slowly but successful, so be patient.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member

Yes you must log in your google account .When you running Rss player (Android TV) then you need update your google service. Be patient when you log in your google account.....
  • siuwaisiuwai Junior Member

Yes you must log in your google account .When you running Rss player (Android TV) then you need update your google service. Be patient when you log in your google account.....
    The problem is not that I can't login my google account. I logged in my google account, when I launched the RSS player, it asked to update the google services and I clicked Yes and it load the google play storage page, but it can't load and the wheel just spinning forever. I let it runs for quite sometime and the page never loaded.
    edited December 2018

The problem is not that I can't login my google account. I logged in my google account, when I launched the RSS player, it asked to update the google services and I clicked Yes and it load the google play storage page, but it can't load and the wheel just spinning forever. I let it runs for quite sometime and the page never loaded.
    Ok try to download this one (google severice._14.7.99.) and install it
    https://mega.nz/#!UN5z2KgQ!UI0hmLhSkJ1pR7k1rZ0I-_hZEnS3elq4F8ghPFnUsSo
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    edited January 2019
    RSS Player may not work in a few months on the TVpad/BlueTV etc. Google will probably drop support for 4.4.X (KitKat) Google Play Services before the year is out, so no more play service update for Android 4.4.X

• Thanks for the input. I said the TV version. Another user was kind enough to provide the app with the ads removed without the additional install of an ad removal app. I was just asking if the tv version of this exist. I did read through the whole chain of events not just the latest post. I know the suggestions. So again please do not assume I did not read a thing and just asking people to hand me stuff. It's fine if it's not available. So let's move on.
    Anyone have the RSS Android TV version without ads?
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member

Thanks for the input. I said the TV version. Another user was kind enough to provide the app with the ads removed without the additional install of an ad removal app. I was just asking if the tv version of this exist. I did read through the whole chain of events not just the latest post. I know the suggestions. So again please do not assume I did not read a thing and just asking people to hand me stuff. It's fine if it's not available. So let's move on.
    Anyone have the RSS Android TV version without ads?
    If you follow the instructions here from tomato you should have no ads. You can also install adaway and stop the ads, but you will need to root your tvpad.

Have done a few TVpad4 boxes, and following is probably best way to repurpose it.

Update to 5.066, update google play services
    Root the TVpad4
    Install Adaway to remove ads
    Install TimeSync to sync time otherwise few things won't work (install this from google store)
    Install RSS Android TV from google store
    Install few apps from the streaming thread, like dangbei tv, etc.

You can also install shafa market to sync time, but shafa runs in background eats up precious memory.

If you don't want to do any of this then you can try putting in a static dns of 176.103.130.130 you might still get some ads though.
  • First of all, my great thanks to all the information in this blog. I was successful to update the firmware to 5.066. I have a few questions:

1) How to install TimeSync from google store using tvpad4?
    2) Do I have to install RSS Android TV from google store and how to install it using tvpad4?
    3) What app to install to watch Hong Kong TVB and other Asian channels? Where can I get them?

Thanks again.
  • edited July 2019

Lmao, this thread is the shit, is anybody alive? Is anyone's old boxes still working till now from tomatoes instructions or cheuk5's etc etc?..😅

my grandparents gave me an old bluetv possibly from 2017, i know im about to run into alot trouble trying to save it but fuck it letsss gooo!!

• padmanpadman Moderator

I think if you ask the question, someone will be able to answer

edited July 2019

Ok try to install this (電視盒) to replace RSS Player

https://mega.nz/#!RAJRXCBI!ZMA-gKhPqXUOxK9_nXLyHXkR9QMh5HYVQlhXcIuJX_s

• edited July 2019

I can't get this to work T_T. I have a TvPad4 firmware 5.06.

I tried using the MicroSD way and the MicroUSB way but all the updates fail. I'm using a MacBook to put the files on the drives. Is that what causes the problems?

Edit: NVM Guys. I got it to work. The path mentioned in the guide was wrong for me. So i just used the TRWP to make a backup and replaced the files.

Post edited by XilianRose on
  • yum-qyum-q Junior Member

I update the TVPAD4 and BLUE TV to ver. 5.66 from years ago, worked fine until two month ago, my YOUTUBE stop working,every one know what happen and how to solve it!

• padmanpadman Moderator

Try downloading another youtube app

Like flytube