Flash BlueTV to TVPad5.66 firmware Rooted with RSS Player installed

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Can you good people please help?

I don't get TWRP on pressing the menu button on startup of my tvpad4. I get this:

This is the content of my micro-sd card:

Thanks in advance!
    Try to put this zip file (donot unzip) in your MicroSd card do it again
    https://mega.nz/#!kRpQyIbR!-v-E7yXAZyplspKgFCQPzHXb5Xo6lcfEn5v--XDfJKw
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    Thanks, but no dice.

Adding the m201-ota.zip file makes no difference. The format is definitely fat32.
    edited June 2018
    Thanks, but no dice.

Adding the m201-ota.zip file makes no difference. The format is definitely fat32.
    Ok try this way ,If you can boot in home page in Pad 4 put in MS card and type in 200981811 in remote ......Sorry this way only working in Pad 4 but not in BlueTv.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    when you put your sd card to TVPad, does it detect(show icon) in upper right hand corner?
    Thanks, but no dice.

when you put your sd card to TVPad, does it detect(show icon) in upper right hand corner?

Yes, it does.
    OK, so I pressed the menu button on start up without the sd card. It came up with the Android System Recovery screen. So it is ignoring the sd card on boot up.
    I then put all the files all sd card and did 200981811 after it booted up as cheuk5 suggested. I got the System Upgrade screen with the SD card Upgrade option, pressed that and it came back with Upgrade file does not exist.

I'm going to try with another sd card.
    I then put all the files all sd card and did 200981811 after it booted up as cheuk5 suggested. I got the System Upgrade screen with the SD card Upgrade option, pressed that and it came back with Upgrade file does not exist.

It seems something wrong in TWRP folder check it again ,
    I tried another lower capacity sd card and still the same. I get the Andriod System Recovery menu when pressing menu button with or without the sd card. So how to get TWRP working from sd card?
    I tried another lower capacity sd card and still the same. I get the Andriod System Recovery menu when pressing menu button with or without the sd card. So how to get TWRP working from sd card?
    Can you check it in TWRP-BACKUPS-s82b-key(folder).
    Contents of sd card:

This upgrade is different method. You need the file m201-ota.zip at the root of your Micro SD.

• SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    This upgrade is different method. You need the file m201-ota.zip at the root of your Micro SD.

That method didn't work for me.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Try this. forget the sdcard, use a usb key. put the 5.066 image file there (not the backup stuff from tomato).

1. Plug the usb key into the usb port, plug power in and keep pressing the menu button.
    2. You should be in the tvpad recovery screen. You've shown a picture of it so, you can get there.
    3. Select update through "EXT"
    4. Select Udisk
    5. Select 5.066 image file (no need to rename)
    6. complete flash, it should reboot once done
    7. launch playstore, use a generic google account
    8. locate rss player "android tv" version, install
    9. start rss player
    10. it will ask you to update playstore crap, do so.

done, now if you want to add adaware and root, let me know.
    I'm already on 5.066 so just wanted root, adaware & rss player
    You need the file name recovery.img at the root of the SD-Card in order to boot to TWRP. Not TWRPrcovery.img.

Try it one more time with your lower capacity sdcard.
    Thanked by 1Somebody
    You're the man, tomato123!

That worked. Cheers!!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Somebody right click on the sd card in my computer then properties
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    For some reason I can't tag favorites to feeds any more with the RSSplayer. The option is no longer available.

Thanks any help
    me too.
    For some reason I can't tag favorites to feeds any more with the RSSplayer. The option is no longer available.

Thanks any help