TV China app support thread

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    The issue seems to be only US only but to pay for VPN service just to use their service which you already paid, you guys are ok with this? I would just wait it out or request for extension of service. Others mentioned there are other apps in this forum that can cover this dark period.
  • pappypappy Member
    edited April 2018
    Sick and tired ofwaiting .Went back to VPN setup with second router like the old days on tvpad4
    On purevpn. I had bought lifetime subscription on purevpn . Now is handy again . Set on auto DNS. Everything's working. My wife is happy! My life is happy. Pointed server to Toronto.
    I'm in NYC.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    Sick and tired ofwaiting .Went back to VPN setup with second router like the old days on tvpad4
    On purevpn. I had bought lifetime subscription on purevpn . Now is handy again . Set on auto DNS. Everything's working. My wife is happy! My life is happy. Pointed server to Toronto.
    I'm in NYC.
    Hi do u know if purevpn has an apk that I can install on the tvpad 4 to get the vpn setup? Or I have to use a router? Thanks .
  • Sick and tired ofwaiting .Went back to VPN setup with second router like the old days on tvpad4
    I'm in NYC.
    I lived in Boston. I don't like TV China either for having too many problem lately. I have tried other IPTV for couple days and it is good. I hope TV China can fix its problem because they have VOD and they now have time shift that the other IPTV does not have any of those. Maybe Pappy if you can show/teach us how to use/set up VPN, it may solve the problem for all the viewers in US .
  • pappypappy Member
    edited April 2018
    You can side load the purevpn or any VPN all using the USB with the banana batch install file. I use a second router a Dlink router about $15 on eBay and set internet settings manually . Connect the second router to a laptop via one of four empty sockets. Enter the router settings by typing in the router up address listed on the back of the router. Using pptp input your VPN user name and password. Use your VPN server list to enter the server IP address. Purevpn uses URL address,I have to covert that to IP address using hcidata program on the internet Save settings . Connect the second router to your main router by connecting one of the main router ports to the second router WLAN port. Connect tvpad4 to the second router in the usual manner.

For the side loaded VPN Apk ,sometimes the VPN can crash and tvpad4 has to be fully reset apps need to be reinstalled.

Or just wait till tvpad fixes the video issue.
    Post edited by pappy on
  • Does anybody else has the problem with TVB Jade VOD, that it will hangs for a few seconds during playback? Any solution for this? It has been going on for a while.... Do I need to reinstall everything? Cache problem?
    Thanks.
    Does anybody else has the problem with TVB Jade VOD, that it will hangs for a few seconds during playback? Any solution for this? It has been going on for a while.... Do I need to reinstall everything? Cache problem?
    Thanks.
    Most of us don't even have access to any replay or vod right now
    Thanked by 1shihto
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    Does anybody else has the problem with TVB Jade VOD, that it will hangs for a few seconds during playback? Any solution for this? It has been going on for a while.... Do I need to reinstall everything? Cache problem?
    Thanks.
    Most of us don't even have access to any replay or vod right now
    Some of the older vod is working now but replay is still down.
  • You can side load the purevpn or any VPN all using the USB with the banana batch install file. I use a second router a Dlink router about $15 on eBay and set internet settings manually . Connect the second router to a laptop via one of four empty sockets. Enter the router settings by typing in the router up address listed on the back of the router. Using pptp input your VPN user name and password. Use your VPN server list to enter the server IP address. Purevpn uses URL address,I have to covert that to IP address using hcidata program on the internet Save settings . Connect the second router to your main router by connecting one of the main router ports to the second router WLAN port. Connect tvpad4 to the second router in the usual manner.

For the side loaded VPN Apk ,sometimes the VPN can crash and tvpad4 has to be fully reset apps need to be reinstalled.

Or just wait till tvpad fixes the video issue.
    Thanks Pappy...sounds like complicated!!
  • GeneraznXzGeneraznXz Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm in NYC.
    Thank you for your confirmation. I will do that too since I have a lifetime of purevpn too.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Will it work if I just change DNS instead of using VPN? can anyone try? I dont' have the box in front of me to test. It's in my parent's house.
  • pappypappy Member
    Somehow geo restriction still going on in the US. Toronto OK as I use Toronto as vpn server.
    Can any one outside US chime in?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Will it work if I just change DNS instead of using VPN? can anyone try? I dont' have the box in front of me to test. It's in my parent's house.
    No change DNS cannot do the trick beside use VPN point to outside of USA.
    Vod is back. Replay is not
  • Tvchina said that had a new channel now, these channels delay 12 hours, include tvb, j2, tvb finance and viu tv , finally, tvchina said that replay and vod back to normal few days later.
  • clfnoleclfnole Junior Member
    Still nothing working in replay.
  • pappypappy Member
    VPN is the way to go in the US
  • pappypappy Member
  • pappypappy Member
  • Back to normal now, but I'm not going to renew it.