TVPad4 Active?

2»

Comments

• server maintainance
  • Cadillac58Cadillac58 Junior Member
    My tvpad4 was working fine up until Tuesday night. I'm not sure what my pop did, but now the screen is all black and I can't do anything. Does anybody know what type of problem this is? Thanks
    I have two friends who experienced similar problem. In one case he was watching a program and all the apps were deleted after the box reset by itself. Had to re-load apps and it was working again. Don't know cause, but sounds suspicious.
  • Try pressing the HOME button a few times that should get you back to the desktop.
  • My tvpad4 was working fine up until Tuesday night. I'm not sure what my pop did, but now the screen is all black and I can't do anything. Does anybody know what type of problem this is? Thanks
    My tvpad4 also started having this issue yesterday - when plugged in, the power light is on, but there's no video signal output at all. Sounds like it's dead? I'm actually very disappointed about tvpad4's build quality - this tvpad4 that just died or me (and another one I've bought for my in-laws) both had the LAN port already dead a while back and I could only use wi-fi to connect, and now it's apparently dead completely - just wondering if anyone has a similar issue and if so, if there's anything that can be done to fix it. I've already tried using a paper clip to do a hard reset from the bottom of the tvpad4 but that didn't do anything at all.
  • Hi @keiichi I have the same problem as you and don't know how to fix it. I actually saw another discussion with the same question and posted my question there. http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/696/how-to-manual-reset-tvpad-4#latest
  • Hi @keiichi I have the same problem as you and don't know how to fix it. I actually saw another discussion with the same question and posted my question there. http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/696/how-to-manual-reset-tvpad-4#latest
    Thanks @mrhi808, still no luck for me yet and I have sort of given up on this bricked tvpad4 already. I think the build quality has gone downhill for tvpad4 as well - not to mention that when I first received the 2 units that I ordered some time last year, one of the power adapters came DoA and eventually they have to ship me a new replacement adapter. Now that customer service has become non-existent I think we are just totally screwed. Anyway, it was good while it lasts... but I was expecting a little bit better lifespan from the unit :( So much for poor QC's from made-in-china products...
    Thanks @mrhi808, still no luck for me yet and I have sort of given up on this bricked tvpad4 already. I think the build quality has gone downhill for tvpad4 as well - not to mention that when I first received the 2 units that I ordered some time last year, one of the power adapters came DoA and eventually they have to ship me a new replacement adapter. Now that customer service has become non-existent I think we are just totally screwed. Anyway, it was good while it lasts... but I was expecting a little bit better lifespan from the unit :( So much for poor QC's from made-in-china products...
    Yes, especially how much they are charging for these boxes, it is a con. I guess a lot of Chinese companies don't know how to build a premium product.

You can even get a decent android box for around £50, but they are asking £150 + for these boxes with just their apps on it. Really underpowered too. Kodi runs really slow on them.