VOD app

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the HTV3 so that my parents can watch some VOD TV shows however this seems more difficult than I expected. The app that has the vod (purplish / reddish play button) has many VOD apps such as Yoku or Tv.Sohu but they don't seem to work. It keeps buffering at 0kb/s or when it does it just show a 30 second advertisement and goes back to the selection screen. I remember the TVPad had Yoku or Sohu where you just press a few clicks and the movie plays, that is really easy for my older parents. The Yoku or Sohu app here is formatted like a webpage which make navigation really difficult for older people and on top of that, it doesn't work most of the time, which is really frustrating me as I just want a TV Box that just works for my parents. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Totsubo Are you wanting to watch Cantonese or Mandarin ?
  • @Totsubo Are you wanting to watch Cantonese or Mandarin ?
    Mostly Cantonese but my parents can watch Mandarin as well since they usually read the subtitles as well.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2016
    @Totsubo Use this for VOD

• Ok, I will give that app a try! Thank you so much for your quick response @padman Much appreciated!
  • Thanks, yeah my parents were using that app you showed me before but they told me there is not a lot of content in that app or rather, most of it is older shows. Is there something wrong with the other VOD app? How come all it does is play a 30 second commercial and then it goes back to the main screen?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2016
    @Totsubo Strange, there aren't any commercial.

Are you positive your parent is using that app ?

It should be like this (Skip to 4:38)