How can I install Kodi on TVPad4?

shemayshemay Junior Member
Hi guys,
I heard awesome reviews on Kodi, but when I tried to install it on TVPad4, it didn't work. Not sure what's the problem there. Did I download the wrong version?
Please help, thank you. :)

Comments

• 535four535four Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi guys,
    I heard awesome reviews on Kodi, but when I tried to install it on TVPad4, it didn't work. Not sure what's the problem there. Did I download the wrong version?
    What version you've tried? I installed v. 15.2 , it works fine, I'm not sure 16.1 is compatible or not but you can try.
  • Hi guys,
    What version you've tried? I installed v. 15.2 , it works fine, I'm not sure 16.1 is compatible or not but you can try.
    i tested kodi 16.1 and 17.3. both works. a good option for people that don't want to spend money on a new box. but it's hard for old people to navigate.
  • A Android 4.4.2 box is not compatible with Kodi 17...I believed.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    edited July 2017
    Kodi v17 requires Android 5.0 or higher.

http://kodi.wiki/view/supported_hardware
    A Android 4.4.2 box is not compatible with Kodi 17...I believed.
    Post edited by tomato123 on
  • Hi Guys,

I would also like to know how to install Kodi into TVpad 4. I tried to install it by plugging in a usb with a batchinstall.banana file and a Kodi apk file into the TVpad but nothing shows up in the Batch Installer list. I click install anyway and it says "list is empty". I tried Kodi 15.2 and 16.1 but neither shows up. I downloaded the files through apkmirror website.

Any help is appreciated!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Can you do a screenshot of your usb drive content?
  • Hi Guys,

I would also like to know how to install Kodi into TVpad 4. I tried to install it by plugging in a usb with a batchinstall.banana file and a Kodi apk file into the TVpad but nothing shows up in the Batch Installer list. I click install anyway and it says "list is empty". I tried Kodi 15.2 and 16.1 but neither shows up. I downloaded the files through apkmirror website.

Any help is appreciated!
    Try a fresh or reformat maximum 4GB USB.
    Here's link from offical:
    http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk
    Hi Guys,

Any help is appreciated!
    Here's how to install HDFree:

Here's how to install HDFree:

• Thanks for all the suggestions.

I reformatted a usb 256mb drive and it still does not show up.

I tried the file from the official site provided by tomato but it does not show up either.

Thanks, tomato123, for the link but that is how to install HDFree and not Kodi.

The funny thing is that Kodi 17.3 shows up but after install, it is nowhere to be found in TVPAD. I even tried to look for it in the apps section in settings and it is not there

Here is an image of the usb drive:

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited July 2017
    change the apk name to a shorter name
  • change the apk name to a shorter name
    Oh yea, too long..
  • Hi Padman, I tried that and it does not work either.
  • I would recommend use a new USB
  • 535four535four Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

I tried the file from the official site provided by tomato but it does not show up either.

The funny thing is that Kodi 17.3 shows up but after install, it is nowhere to be found in TVPAD. I even tried to look for it in the apps section in settings and it is not there

Because Kodi 17.3 is for 64 bit box or Android 5.0 or higher.
  • Hi Guys,

Any help is appreciated!
    just install shafa market and download from the app store. shafa can also install it from the usb.
  • Shafa market app is an good app to download many apps from there, it's good for tvpad4 to have.
    edited July 2017
    Something got to be wrong with your apk on size. only 34mb? it should be 58MB.

Here's link from offical apk:
    http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi Guys,

Any help is appreciated!
    Hey ! guy Kodi is only like a little OS there was nothing inside you have learn how to setup some respository to let the OS running pleas go to Youtube to look some help....