Pay for Subscription service in Tvpad 4 or buy a Blue TV box?

Hey guys,

Got an old Tvpad 4 collecting dust and don't need it until a few months later. I am curious about Blue TV. Do you have to renew yearly subscription like TV China or it is all included? Thanks.

Comments

• Bluetv released almost 2 years already. Probably not a good time to buy. Going by tvpad's history, they might shut down the box soon.
  • Thanks. Maybe I will try FunTv. Heard good things plus the hardware is better than the blue tv.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    funtv is meh.

All boxes will go with the subscription route after a year or two. If you are deadset on a box, then get a HTV.
  • edited December 2017
    Thanks padman. I'm looking at HTV-tv box website and they warned about people buying from 3rd party website and should buy from them instead. I saw some sellers selling this for less than $175. Are they serious about this?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Yes, there was a reported case the box got shutdown because the reseller was selling below the price
  • Subscription is the way to go. Because it's transferable to another device. Unless the service is locked to Mac address.

The old model when you buy the hardware doesn't work anymore ever since the TVpad 1-4 debacle I don't think anyone should buy any IPTV boxes outright.

Just look at what happened to Moonbox recently forcing people to pay to keep their MBUI running. It's just greedy and like a scam.

If it's Apk subscription you also save the environment. We know how many TVpads have gone to landfill.

TVChina was the last saving grace on TVpad 4. If there was no option to install that and don't have Google play store. You can pretty much throw that out too
  • clfnoleclfnole Junior Member
    Are any of these 1080p? My TVpad 4 with China TV everything is 720p but you can get 1080p stuff from things like ICdrama in Kodi.
  • Hey guys,

Got an old Tvpad 4 collecting dust and don't need it until a few months later. I am curious about Blue TV. Do you have to renew yearly subscription like TV China or it is all included? Thanks.
    am using my tvpad4 with napper sub, works well so far. Better than it collect dust. But VOD and Replay is non existent - good only for live streaming.