A2 Box Red light

3 week old A2 box won't boot. Solid red light even after pressing power button. I pressed and held the rest button on the bottom of the box for 10 seconds and nothing happened. Tried unplugging the power, waiting for 5 minutes and plugging the power back in with no results. Tried holding the reset button, unplugging then continued to hold for 10 seconds, plugged power back in and let go, no results.

Is it a hardware failure?

Comments

• Can get into recovery mode?
  • edited April 2017
    Can get into recovery mode?
    Cannot get into recovery mode. No HDMI signal. I tried multiple HDMI ports and cables to see if that was the issue. I also tried a second tv with no success.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Please try to keep pulse ( press) the menu button when you plug the power back to Pad It will take your Pad go in to recover mode
  • Please try to keep pulse ( press) the menu button when you plug the power back to Pad It will take your Pad go in to recover mode
    Still does not work. Still showing no HDMI signal, red light. No boot screen.
  • Is there a reset button at the bottom? I have HTV5. I do not know if it is the same as A2.If have a small hole at the bottom of the reset button, try pressing the reset button with a toothpick, then connect the power until the image appears, This process takes about ten seconds to twenty seconds, If nothing happens that is a hardware problem.
  • Is there a reset button at the bottom? I have HTV5. I do not know if it is the same as A2.If have a small hole at the bottom of the reset button, try pressing the reset button with a toothpick, then connect the power until the image appears, This process takes about ten seconds to twenty seconds, If nothing happens that is a hardware problem.
    Yes there is a reset button at the bottom. Unfortunately the reset procedure was one of the first (technically 3rd) troubleshooting procedures I tried before I started leaning towards there being a hardware problem. I contacted my seller to initiate an exchange/replacement. Hopefully the replacement lasts longer because I do like the A2.
  • Hi. I am a newbie at the forum.
    I had the A1 HTV4 box for about a year+ ...working fine and all.
    All of a sudden, one night, when I connect the power to the box, the red light stays on and doesnt turn green. Keep on pressing the remote to turn on, it doesnt respond.
    Disconnect/reconnect all the cables and ethernet connection, still no good.
    TV says there is no HDMI connection to that device.
    Does that mean this A1 box is toast!?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated!!

• clifflee06clifflee06 Junior Member
    My A2 blue light is on ,but can not boot up .
    Tv keep on saying no signal.
    Try to power off by remote but no respond,even try to set back to factory setting by pushing the reset hole ,still no respond .
    can anyone help?